Thanks for visiting our eCourse on Risk Management Simplified.
Below, we have provided some quick stats, course overview and content. There is also a brochure you can download and in case you need more information, let’s connect.
Avg / Lesson
- This eCourse covers Workplace and Process Risk Management.
- The Framework is based on ISO 31000 and covers fundamental requirements (Policy) and arrangements (Plan).
- Presentations are “bite-size” sessions to allow you to take time to absorb and apply the knowledge.
Section 5 (Risk Management Plan) is the largest section in the eCourse and has 6 Elements (detailed below).
- Course Format & Structure
- Icons Used
- Conventions and Assumptions
- Content Logic
- ISO 31000 Introduction
- Key Definitions
3.0 Risk Management Framework
- Setting the scene
- Size Does Matter
- What is Risk and the Risk Equation?
- Hazard and Risk: What’s the Difference?
- What is Risk Management?
- What is a Risk Management Framework?
- What factors influence Risk Management?
- Why Manage Risks?
- What type of Risks are we focusing on?
4.0 Risk Management Policy
- Introduction to Risk Management Policy
- Risk Owners and Ownership
- Developing a Risk Management Policy
5.0 Risk Management Plan (see below for element details)
- Introduction to the Risk Management Plan
- Do you need a Risk Management Procedure?
- Element 1: Risk Attitude
- Element 2: Risk Control
- Element 3: HIRA
- Element 4: Actions Management
- Element 5: Performance Improvement
- Element 6: Reviewing
6.0 Closing Thoughts
- eCourse Closing Thoughts and Comments
Risk Management Plan – Elements
Element 1: Risk Attitude
There are 5 separate sections as follows:
- What’s the Organisation’s Risk Attitude?
- Types of Risk Attitude
- What Motivates Risk Attitude?
- The Importance of Risk Attitude and Motivators
- Risk Attitude and Risk Tolerance
Element 2: Risk Control
There are 3 separate sections as follows:
- How Can We Control Risks?
- What are Risk Control Measures?
- Application of Risk Control Measures
Element 3: Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment (HIRA)
In this Element, we spend the bulk of our time learning the tools and techniques involved with Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment (HIRA).
There are 19 “bite-size” sections to allow ease of learning, as follows:
- What is Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment?
- What Does HIRA involve?
- Do You Need a HIRA Procedure?
- Information Sources for HIRA Reviews.
- STEP 1: Hazard Identification – Types of Hazards
- STEP 1: Hazard Identification – What’s Our Hazard Focus?
- STEP 1: Hazard Identification – Techniques for Hazard Identification
- STEP 1: Hazard Identification – Which HIRA Techniques Should You Choose?
- STEP 1: Hazard Identification – Introduction to the HAZID Technique
- STEP 1: Hazard Identification – Expectations from Hazard Identification Reviews
- STEP 2: Risk Assessment – What is Risk Assessment?
- STEP 2: Risk Assessment – Transposing Hazards into Risks
- STEP 2: Risk Assessment – Developing Risk Assessment Criteria
- STEP 2: Risk Assessment – Developing a Risk Assessment Matrix
- STEP 2: Risk Assessment – Colourful Risk Assessment Matrix Limitations
- STEP 2: Risk Assessment – The Quantitative Risk Assessment Matrix
- STEP 2: Risk Assessment – How to Fine Tune Your Risk Assessment Matrix
- STEP 2: Risk Assessment – Which Risk Assessment Matrix Should You Use?
- STEP 2: Risk Assessment – Developing Your Risk Treatment Plan.
Element 4: Actions Management
In this Element, we explore how we are going to manage Risk Management actions.
There are 5 sections, as follows:
- Criticality of Actions
- What are Risk Registers?
- Format for Risk Registers
- Re-prioritising Risk Actions
- Key Risk Indicators (KRI)
Element 5: Performance Improvement
Often a challenge in many Organisations…in this Element, we are going to look at Performance Improvement, especially in context to Risk Management.
There are 7 sections, as follows:
- What are Measure, Metric and KPI?
- What Can You Measure?
- Introducing Leading and Lagging Indicators.
- Developing Your Key Performance Indicators (KPI).
- Selecting Risk Management Leading and Lagging KPI
- How to Communicate KPI
- Monitoring and Monitoring Frequency
Element 6: Review
In this Element, we are going to look at Reviewing all that hard work and effort done with regard to managing risks.
There are just 2 sections, nice and simple, as follows:
- Why Review?
- Auditing the Risk Management Framework
Included with this eCourse is a copy of the book (pdf) for use as your reference manual.
Every week, I write at least 1 article .
Occasionally, I throw into the mix, stuff on career development, politics, news and events. Just to spice things up!
Connect with me on these social networks and let's share some thoughts.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR VISIT AND BROWSING
Most of the information on this site is free for you to read, watch or listen to, but redrisks.com is also a business and my livelihood. So please expect hyperlinks to be affiliate links in some cases.
I hope you find the site useful!
Thanks - Sonni
The Category links will take you directly to Posts that you are interested in and the Search Bar will help filter out specific topics that you may have in mind. There is also a Search Bar on the side of the Articles Page if you want to extend your search of the site.