Risk Management Simplified
A Definitive Guide for Workplace and Process Risk Management
Buy the eBook or Paperback
Available from all major booksellers
Regardless of Organisation size, many see it as just “managing risks” because it’s easier to explain and perhaps reactionary since it has the word “management”.
Risk management is more than just “managing risks”. Successful risk management requires a holistic approach based upon Elements that make up a Risk Management Framework.
In this book, the focus is on Workplace and Process Risks Management and the intended audiences are risk and safety management practitioners, trainers, managers, leaders in Organisations and anyone interested in successfully managing risks.
- Course Format & Structure
- Icons Used
- Conventions and Assumptions
- Content Logic
- ISO 31000 Introduction
- Key Definitions
3.0 Risk Management Framework
- Setting the scene
- Size Does Matter
- What is Risk and the Risk Equation?
- Hazard and Risk: What's the Difference?
- What is Risk Management?
- What is a Risk Management Framework?
- What factors influence Risk Management?
- Why Manage Risks?
- What type of Risks are we focusing on?
4.0 Risk Management Policy
- Introduction to Risk Management Policy
- Risk Owners and Ownership
- Developing a Risk Management Policy
5.0 Risk Management Plan
- Introduction to the Risk Management Plan
- Do you need a Risk Management Procedure?
- Element 1: Risk Attitude
- Element 2: Risk Control
- Element 3: HIRA
- Element 4: Actions Management
- Element 5: Performance Improvement
- Element 6: Reviewing
6.0 Closing Thoughts
- Closing Thoughts and Comments
Risk Management Plan - Elements
Element 1: Risk Attitude
There are 5 separate sections as follows:
- What's the Organisation's Risk Attitude?
- Types of Risk Attitude
- What Motivates Risk Attitude?
- The Importance of Risk Attitude and Motivators
- Risk Attitude and Risk Tolerance
Element 2: Risk Control
There are 3 separate sections as follows:
- How Can We Control Risks?
- What are Risk Control Measures?
- Application of Risk Control Measures
Element 3: Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment (HIRA)
In this Element, we spend the bulk of our time learning the tools and techniques involved with Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment (HIRA).
There are 19 "bite-size" sections to allow ease of learning, as follows:
- What is Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment?
- What Does HIRA involve?
- Do You Need a HIRA Procedure?
- Information Sources for HIRA Reviews.
- STEP 1: Hazard Identification - Types of Hazards
- STEP 1: Hazard Identification - What's Our Hazard Focus?
- STEP 1: Hazard Identification - Techniques for Hazard Identification
- STEP 1: Hazard Identification - Which HIRA Techniques Should You Choose?
- STEP 1: Hazard Identification - Introduction to the HAZID Technique
- STEP 1: Hazard Identification - Expectations from Hazard Identification Reviews
- STEP 2: Risk Assessment - What is Risk Assessment?
- STEP 2: Risk Assessment - Transposing Hazards into Risks
- STEP 2: Risk Assessment - Developing Risk Assessment Criteria
- STEP 2: Risk Assessment - Developing a Risk Assessment Matrix
- STEP 2: Risk Assessment - Colourful Risk Assessment Matrix Limitations
- STEP 2: Risk Assessment - The Quantitative Risk Assessment Matrix
- STEP 2: Risk Assessment - How to Fine Tune Your Risk Assessment Matrix
- STEP 2: Risk Assessment - Which Risk Assessment Matrix Should You Use?
- STEP 2: Risk Assessment - Developing Your Risk Treatment Plan.
Element 4: Actions Management
In this Element, we explore how we are going to manage Risk Management actions.
There are 5 sections, as follows:
- Criticality of Actions
- What are Risk Registers?
- Format for Risk Registers
- Re-prioritising Risk Actions
- Key Risk Indicators (KRI)
Element 5: Performance Improvement
Often a challenge in many Organisations...in this Element, we are going to look at Performance Improvement, especially in context to Risk Management.
There are 7 sections, as follows:
- What are Measure, Metric and KPI?
- What Can You Measure?
- Introducing Leading and Lagging Indicators.
- Developing Your Key Performance Indicators (KPI).
- Selecting Risk Management Leading and Lagging KPI
- How to Communicate KPI
- Monitoring and Monitoring Frequency
Element 6: Review
In this Element, we are going to look at Reviewing all that hard work and effort done with regard to managing risks.
There are just 2 sections, nice and simple, as follows:
- Why Review?
- Auditing the Risk Management Framework