Become a Blogger: Share your expertise / Build your profile
Join the redrisks.com Contributor Program
Take a look at some of our Contributors who willingly gave their time, effort, knowledge and expertise to support this mission.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the contributor program?
- The redrisks.com contributor program is a unique platform where risk and safety management experts can submit original content for publication.
- At redrisks.com, we know that the best advice comes from those who have been there and done that…so to speak.
- Experience is a fantastic teacher, and we believe that your one-of-a-kind knowledge is invaluable to young professionals with a passion for learning.
- It is completely free.
What's in it for me?
Regardless of where you are on the “famous” scale…part of our mission at redrisks.com is to provide risk and safety professionals your expertise by becoming a thought leader, sharing personal experiences and relevant advice you wish you knew when you were first starting out.
But just sharing your story and getting your name out there isn’t the only pro…here are some more:
- Expand your outreach. Content published through the contributor program is shared openly and our visitor numbers are growing every day. We will promote your contribution across redrisks.com social feeds, which include Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn. Published articles are also considered for feature in our targeted email campaigns using MailChimp.
- Promote yourself. Each of your published articles will automatically link to your redrisks.com profile, where potential clients, customers or mentees can choose to contact you directly.
- Promote your company. We can allow one link to your company’s website in your profile write-up. Not only will this help drive traffic to your page, but it will also help you build your network, brand or profile and become an influencer via digital media.
- Help others. Our mission is to help people learn about risk and safety management. By sharing your stories, lessons learned and general perspectives, you can act as a mentor to others.
Will I get paid?
Alas no…our entire ethos is based on “sharing is caring”.
The entire website and content is based on an “open learning” platform.
Why should I bother?
Perhaps you’ve thought about starting your own Blog? That’s not always easy nor straight forward. You can of course join the millions on social media platforms and get lost in the malaise!
Maybe, you feel you want to share your expertise and knowledge?
We can think of many other reasons but our best candid response would be “because you care and want to make a difference”. That’s what motivates us every single day.
What should I write about?
Upon being accepted to the program, you will have the freedom to write about your own ideas and interests.
We are always looking for fresh perspectives on popular areas of interest in topics related to risk and safety management. However, we are also open to contributions in subjects such as Environmental, Health & Well being and Career Development.
However, if you’re having trouble coming up with a concept or can’t narrow down which area of expertise you’d like to share first, check out our existing Blogs and Vlogs.
We do have some simple guidelines to follow, however:
- Familiarise yourself with our community. By reviewing the various professional categories you will get a feel for who you are writing to and what they want to know.
- Know your audience. We have visitors from all over the world with different professional backgrounds and experience.
- Tell your story. If you’ve experienced a hardship during your professional career, it is likely that others have been exposed to the same issue and would appreciate your guidance. Re-purposing your experiences and lessons learned into relevant advice is a great way to share your learnings.
- Be unique. Whether it’s related to an industry trend, a new study or a personal anecdote, make sure that the idea you pitch proposes content our readers haven’t seen before.
- Focus on one or more of our key Categories.
What are the rules for contributed content on redrisks.com?
We publish content from different people because we want to provide our audience with a series of well-rounded perspectives.
We strongly encourage you to use your authentic personality in your articles. We want our readers to connect with your voice, tone, passion and overall character. We may edit your content for format, quality, clarity and length, but we will try to keep it as close to the original as possible.
We understand and expect that you may have various questions about the contribution process. Thankfully, our redrisks.com editorial team has you covered. We developed tips and tricks to ensure your articles will get seen, ultimately boosting your contribution.
We ask that you just follow these few simple rules to ensure that your article is of the highest quality:
- It must include a minimum of 300 words.
- It’s recommended that you include a bulleted list of three or four of the key talking points at the very top of the article.
- It must convey an authoritative, unique perspective and include actionable advice for risk and safety management professionals.
- It must be 100% original content (i.e., yours).
- All content must be based on your own experiences and supplemented by research and/or third-party information, if appropriate.
- Ensure that your content is actionable by answering the “why” and the “how.” Ask yourself, “What would I Google on this topic to land on this article?” Then make sure you answer that query.
- After reading your article, a viewer should not need to seek additional resources to answer their questions.
- Make sure you provide readers with instruction. Without further research, a reader should be able to take the steps or advice detailed in your article and implement it immediately.
We are here to help and we want to make sure you see really great results in return for the valuable time and effort you put in.
What happens after I submit an article?
- We will do a quick review to ensure your article meets our guidelines for quality, authoritativeness, length and originality.
- Once your article is given the “thumbs-up”, it goes into a queue to be scheduled for publishing.
How long does it take for my articles to be published?
- From the time of submission, it may take up to a week for the article to be processed etc.
- It may take up to a week from then to appear on the site.
- The editorial team strives to be as responsive as possible, but it can take time due to the review period.
How else can I benefit from the redrisks.com community?
Besides acting as a platform to publish your content, the community offers a variety of beneficial features for growing your profile and sharing your expertise.
By creating your own profile, the more active you are, the more likely you are to have visitors contact you as prospective clients.
Responding to questions or commenting on others’ answers is a great way to generate leads. By helping visitors who are struggling through a specific challenge in your area of expertise, you position yourself as the authority on the topic.
On the flip side, you can also use the community to get answers to your own questions. even outside of your own area of expertise.
How do I become a redrisks.com contributor?
That’s the easiest question to answer….just contact us and we will do the rest.