Safety, Leadership and Future Leaders
In this interview, I discuss with Prof. Andrew Sharman “Safety, Leadership and Future Leaders”.
- Has worked in safety for more than 24 years.
- Has built a global reputation as a thought leader in the field of Safety Culture and Leadership.
- Is managing partner at global culture and leadership consultancy – RMS.
- He is President of IOSH – the Institution of Occupational Safety & Health.
- He is Chairman of the Institute of Leadership & Management, Professor at the European Centre for Executive Development in Paris, France.
- Best Selling Author of ten books.
He’s a busy chap!
In this interview:
I pose a few select questions to Andrew and get his views on the issues and challenges within Safety and Risk Management.
- You have been described as “someone who is very focused – from the moment you wake up”….what is it that motivates you (apart from swimming with sharks)?
- You spend a lot of time with leaders…who would you consider as the most influential, inspirational or motivating….perhaps all in in one?
- With “Future Leaders” in mind, people always talk about what makes great leaders but what 5 things do you consider as poor leadership?.
- Risk or Safety…which do you prefer if any and why?
- What 5 top tips would you offer to any risk and safety professionals, Generation X, Y and Z, for turbo charging their career?
- What’s the future for risk, safety and the digital media for increasing awareness and engagement?
Book Offer from Andrew
As mentioned in the interview, we’ve created an offer exclusively for our subscribers with 20% off any of Andrew’s books. Just use the code “REDRISKS” at https://www.FromAccidentsToZero.com