Leadership Talks: Human Resilience
July 15 @ 12:00 am BST
Ed Thomas is without a doubt one of the most charismatic individuals you could ever meet.
It’s impossible in just a few lines or paragraphs to give an idea of his experience and lessons learned. But, let me offer a summary of some of Ed’s achievements and aspirations, without getting too much into some of the highly confidential work that Ed has been involved with:
- Security expert with 30 years’ experience including covert military and government agency operations; counter terrorism; corporate, security, and travel risk management; resilience; crisis management; and strategic policy.
- Has led and advised US government agencies on security and intelligence operations in complex and high-threat level environments.
- Creates and delivers bespoke security, resilience, and leadership services for highly demanding Clients.
- While serving in the US Army, Ed had “on-the-ground” participation in some of the largest counter terrorist and military operations of this generation.
- Over his 20-year military career, Ed has spent 4 years as an Infantryman in the 75th Ranger Regiment and over 10 years as an Operator in an Army Special Mission Unit.
- Ed’s last assignment was as a Course Director at Joint Special Operations University at US Special Operations Command at MacDill Air Force Base in Tampa, FL.
- Has fought in Afghanistan and Iraq.
- Was a letter winner in American Football while in college as well as a two time Golden Gloves Boxer (1991 and 1993) while in college.
- Has competed in a myriad of races including short distance triathlons, 5k, 10k, marathon (3:10:11 in 1997), and an Ultamarathon (46.3 mi in 1998) running races.
- Has earned multiple valour awards for covert operations and he retired as a Sergeant Major in the Army after 20 years.
And if all that’s not enough, Ed is currently training to try to break 3 hours in the marathon….and he turned 50 July 2020.
- July 15
12:00 am BST
- Event Category:
- YT Planned