Cynefin Framework Application with Dave Snowden
In this show, which is Part 3 of 3, we explore “Application” of the Cynefin Framework with the founder Dave Snowden.
In Part 1, Dave described the key areas of the framework and expanded on Clear, Complicated, Complex and Chaotic. Dave also described the boundary aspects associated with Confused and Aporetic (i.e., Characterised by an irresolvable internal contradiction or logical disjunction – Ref: Oxford English Dictionary).
For Part 1 “Introduction to the Cynefin Framework”: Click Here
In Part 2, we did a deeper dive and covered the “Essentials” of the Cynefin Framework.
For Part 2 “Cynefin Framework Essentials”: Click Here
Joining us on the show will be some of my special guest including:
Cognitive Edge - Founder
Short Bio (Ref: Wikipedia)
- Dave Snowden is a Welsh management consultant and researcher in the field of knowledge management and the application of complexity science.
- Known for the development of the Cynefin framework, Dave is the founder and chief scientific officer of Cognitive Edge, a management-consulting firm specializing in complexity and sense-making.
- Dave is the author of several articles and book chapters on the Cynefin framework, the development of narrative as a research method, and the role of complexity in sense-making.
- In 2008 Dave and co-author Mary E. Boone won an “Outstanding Practitioner-Oriented Publication in OB” award from the Academy of Management’s Organizational Behaviour division for a Harvard Business Review article on Cynefin.
- In 2008–2009 Dave wrote a column for KMWorld on trends in technology, “Everything is fragmented”.
- Dave is the editor-in-chief of the journal Emergence: Complexity and Organization.