Corporate HSE Strategy “Playbook”
Back in July 2019, I posted an article titled “How to Develop a Successful Safety Strategy for your Organisation”. In that article I shared my thoughts and views based on experiences.
According to Accenture, a playbook includes “process workflows, standard operating procedures, and cultural values that shape a consistent response—the play.
A playbook reflects a plan; “an approach or strategy defining predetermined responses worked out ahead of time.”
In this show I discuss with Shawn Galloway, President of ProAct Safety Inc, his thoughts and views on Corporate HSE Strategy.
We will ask questions like:
- What does “strategy” mean…this has lost some context over the last decade…or has it?
- What do we want (or mean) by a successful playbook?
- What kind of safety strategy does the average organisation have?
- Who should formulate the safety strategy? The site safety manager?
- Does a safety strategy replace safety programs?
- Does each site need a safety strategy if the overall organisation has one?